Tis the season for all things festive and delicious, right?
If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll remember that a few weeks ago, I had the biggest craving for a rice krispy treat. I hadn’t had one in years (seriously – I can’t remember the last time I had one) and I don’t know where the craving came from…but it was all I could think about. Unfortunately – this craving hit me in the middle of what was the busiest week ever! I had no time to go to the store to grab one. I’m not just saying that, either. I would wake up and have to rush to work where I was super busy all day, even working through lunch. Then after work I would have to rush straight to events every night, and by the time those were done – it was past my bedtime and stores were closed. Finally – I had a few hours to spare one afternoon, and decided that I was just going to make some treats for myself.
I switched things up though, and made a cake batter flavoured batch of treats. You read that right – cake battered flavoured rice krispies treats. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but the batch turned out so great that they were all devoured pretty quickly by myself and a certain cutie.
In fact – they turned out so delicious, that I decided to make another batch over the weekend for my coworkers. This time around though, I made them into little bite-sized balls, and referred to them as “Snowman Poop” because I’m a dork. 🙂
I added a little gift card to each package I put together for my coworkers that read,
You’ve been naughty, so here’s the scoop. All you get this season, is snowman poop!
This delicious treat is so ridiculously easy to make, even a non-baker like myself can make them in no time!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows
- 2/3 cup boxed, dry white cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Spray a 11×7 baking pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- Over low heat – melt the butter in a large saucepan. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows. Make sure you stir constantly so the marshmallows don’t harden.
- When the marshmallows have completely melted, stir in the dry cake mix then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the cereal until it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture and mix in half of the sprinkles.
- You can either press the mixture into the baking pan you coated with the non-stick spray, or roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and place them in the pan.
- Top the mixture with the remaining sprinkles.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and if necessary, cut into squares.
That’s it – that’s all! Store your treats in Tupperware and they’ll keep for a week. Not that they’ll last that long though, because they’re just too delicious to not eat. LOL
TIP: Don’t press the mixture too hard, because that’ll result in hard treats and ain’t nobody got time for that!